NOT LIKE THAT

The incredible true story of two girls who got married .

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Woe

Caz was just telling me and Heather that she was born on a Sunday, and according to the old rhyme, 'The child born on the Sabbath day/ is blithe and bonny, good and gay.' We laughed at this for a bit, telling Caz she must be gay, ha ha (she's not).

It all turned a bit sour when I decided to find out what qualities this rhyme ascribes to me. Caz could only remember the glowing lines that described her birthday. So I found out that I was born on a Wednesday, looked up the rhyme, and this is what is said: 'Wednesday's child is full of woe.' At last I understand how I got to be like this.

Heather was born on a Saturday, and apparently 'Saturday's child works hard for a living.' Probably so she doesn't have to be around her woeful girlfriend all day. Glad I didn't know about this news when I was a child. I'm going to sulk now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about Mondays ?

1:12 pm  
Blogger Michelle said...

'Monday's child is fair of face', as you must know, dear Snurb, every time you look in the mirror.

6:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home