NOT LIKE THAT

The incredible true story of two girls who got married .

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Style

Lately, most of our time has been spent shopping for wedding clothes. And it has been difficult. A few days ago, Heather and I discovered that we had really differing ideas about the style of our wedding attire. I was leaning towards the more traditional, formal style. I wanted to wear a long skirt or dress--not in white, but still fairly traditional in some respects. But Heather never wears skirts or dresses, ever. If I dressed formally, she would also need to dress formally, but she would need to wear a women's suit of some sort. She didn't want to do this because she would end up looking kind of butch while I would look very girly indeed. She didn't want us to look like women dressed up as a bride and groom, because we aren't. And I can fully understand her point. So we're going for a different style altogether, a more informal look. That way, we can both wear something that expresses who we are, without looking like a strange copy of heterosexual bridal parties.

Heather has bought her wedding clothes now. She even bought new bras from Victoria's Secret -- you can see her wielding her purchase with great pride in the image above. This was a photo-worthy moment because Heather has not bought anything other than sports bras for at least seven years. I still can't quite believe that she did it.

I still haven't found what I'll be wearing. I have a skirt, and that's it. We're shopping today, so hopefully I will find something suitable. Tomorrow we leave for Toronto. Over two days, we'll be driving up there. I'm really excited. Road trip! Wedding! Completely unprepared! Aarghh . . .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see some photos, and well done on the compromise - I know you'll both look fabulous!

All the best for the road trip - will be thinking about you.

xx
Renae.

9:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home