NOT LIKE THAT

The incredible true story of two girls who got married .

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

No more sleeps

Heather has been counting down the sleeps until we leave. It is Wednesday, at last, and there are no more sleeps. We leave the house for the airport in about an hour.

Everyone told me that I wouldn't be able to sleep before the flight, but I slept soundly, except for being woken at 2:30 by the loudest thunderclap the world has ever heard. We ran around the house closing windows and rescuing the poor, terrified cat. I thought about the trip for a little while then, but just went back to sleep.

I have said all my goodbyes. My mother is worried sick and kind of excited. Dad was pretty casual. My brother asked for an I Love NY t-shirt, and my other brother told me not to jump into Niagara Falls. Our friends have wished us well and eaten farewell cakes with us, or drunk goodbye beers. Everything is packed, I hope. One final check, and then we're off.

I can't believe that the next time I blog it will be from America.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for you both!!!!
xoxox
Katherine

8:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great trip - and remember to eat plenty of donuts !

12:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home