NOT LIKE THAT

The incredible true story of two girls who got married .

Saturday, September 10, 2005

An "oh my god" moment

We worked on the invitations today. The guillotine makes the process incredibly quick, but speed comes at a price: we had to stand at a strange angle to do the actual slicing, and poor Heather, who did most of it, feels practically crippled with back and neck pain. Still, it's mostly done now. We still need to glue the different layers of the invitation into the card itself, which is a fiddly and irritating task, but we should be finished by tomorrow afternoon.

Looking at the invitations today as we finished a few of them, I had an "oh my god" moment. That is, an "oh my god, I'm really getting married" moment. This is not new information, but apparently it's still nerve-wracking and awesome news to some part of my brain. Marriage, that part of me is thinking. And, shortly thereafter, marriage = forever. I suppose something would be wrong with me if the prospect wasn't a little terrifying. I wonder if this is something you get over once you get married, or if married people sometimes think the same thing.

By the way, I must say that the invitations look damn fine.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Michelle:
we're coming up to our eighth anniversary, and I still get 'oh my god' feelings now and then. I think it's important to remind ourselves of the gravity of what marriage really means, because it IS a big thing. take care -- toni

2:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home