NOT LIKE THAT

The incredible true story of two girls who got married .

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Something wonderful

I spoke to my mother on the phone yesterday. She wanted to know where Heather and I are going and what we'll be doing on our trip. As I've mentioned here before, I will be the first one in my family to go overseas. Up until now, my parents and brothers haven't really asked much about the trip. I suppose that they haven't known what to ask. Yesterday, though, Mum was keen to know all about the travel plans. I outlined our itinerary and told her what we'd be doing in each place. I told her I'd send postcards from each different location.

"I'm so proud, Shelly," she said at the end of the conversation. "I'm so pleased that one of my kids got to do something wonderful like that."

I felt so happy and sad all at once. I'll send them so many postcards that they'll run out of fridge-door space.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

prepaid mastercard site? bite me!

Michelle, that was beautiful.
xoxo
Katherine.

6:57 am  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks Katherine!

You're right about the mastercard site. I think it's time to install an anti-spam tool.

7:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home